Wednesday 27 February 2008

From the hidden Taffia archives

This is a transcript of a hitherto secret conversation* between Doc Martyn Lloyd-Jones, the 20th century's biggest Taffia don and Dai Corleone.
>
DC: So, why d'ya wanna meet me, Doc?
;
ML-J: Well, it's like this Dia, I'm not gonna go on for ever, y'know and I need to make sure that the firm is gonna be in safe hands when I retire.
..
DC: But how is Welsh evangelicalism gonna manage when that happens?
..
ML-J: Don't worry, I've gotta plan.
lkl
DC: I thought you might, Doc.
ll
ML-J: Look, I want you to take over from me.
ll
DC: What, me run the Taffia?
kkk
ML-J: Yeah, that's right.
lll
DC: But how am I gonna do that? No one has the same authority as the Doc.
LLL
ML-J: What you gotta do is this: If ever someone crosses you in a Fraternal or something, just tell them, "The Doctor said....". No one will dare question your point. They won't even think about it.
LLL
DC: You reckon that will work? What happens if I can't think of something you said that fits the occasion?
LLL
ML-J: Make it up. They won't know any better.
lll
DC: Oh, I see. If you're sure, Doc.
lll
ML-J: I'm always sure.
lll
* Iain H. Murray, Lloyd-Jones' authorised biographer has seen this transcript. He says that it's fake. He would say that wouldn't he?

4 comments:

Alan said...

What's the matter with Trueman ? He got no respect, isn't it.

You got to respect the Doctor. You got to respect the taffia.

Dai Corleone said...

Yeah, Big Al, you got it.

Family Blogs said...

Could you clarify some Taffia Calvinist theology for me? Would irresistable grace be defined as:

"We'll make them an offer they can't refuse?"

Dai Corleone said...

You got it, Andrew.